21. Hajjar, R., Ayana, A., Rutt, R., Hinde, O., Liao, C., Keene, S., Bandiaky-Badji, S., Agrawal, A. Capital, Labor, and Gender: The Consequences of Large-Scale Land Transactions on Household Labor Allocation. Journal of Peasant Studies (accepted).
20. Jung, S., Liao, C., Agrawal, A., Brown, D. 2018. Evidence on the Impacts of Forestry Concessions on Wealth in Liberia. Journal of the Association of Environmental and Resource Economists (accepted).
19. Liao, C., Clark, P., DeGloria, S. 2018. Bush Encroachment Dynamics and Rangeland Management Implications in the Horn of Africa. Ecology and Evolution, 00:1–10.
18. Agrawal, A. Hajjar, R., Liao, C., Rasmussen, L., Watkins, C. 2018. Editorial Overview: Forest Governance Interventions for Sustainability through Information, Incentives, and Institutions. Current Opinions in Environmental Sustainability, 32, A1–A7.
17. Liao, C., Brown, D., Fei, D., Long, X., Chen, D., Che, S. 2018. Big Data‐Enabled Social Sensing in Spatial Analysis: Potentials and Pitfalls. Transactions in GIS. 00: 1-21.
16. Liao, C., Brown D. 2018. Sustainable Intensification of Agriculture for Synergistic Outcomes in Food Production, Ecosystem Services, and Smallholder Livelihoods. Current Opinions in Environmental Sustainability, 32, 53-59.
15. Liao, C. Clark, P., Shibia, M., DeGloria, S. 2018. Spatio-Temporal Dynamics of Cattle Behaviors and Resource Selection Patterns in the Open Grazing System of East Africa. International Journal of Geographical Information Science. 32(7): 1523-1540.
14. Liao, C. 2018. Quantifying Multi-Scale Pastoral Mobility: Developing A Metrics System and Using GPS-Tracking Data for Evaluation. Journal of Arid Environments, 153, 88-97.
13. Liao, C., Clark, P. 2018. Rangeland Vegetation Diversity and Transition Pathways under Indigenous Pastoralist Management Regimes in Southern Ethiopia. Agriculture, Ecosystems & Environment, 215, 105-113.
12. Liao, C. 2018. Modeling Herding Decision-Making in the Extensive Grazing System in Southern Ethiopia. Annals of American Association of Geographers, 108 (1): 260-276.
11. Liao, C., Clark, P., DeGloria, S., Barrett, C. 2017. Complexity in the Spatial Utilization of Rangelands: Pastoral Mobility in Borana, Ethiopia. Applied Geography, 86, 208-219.
10. Liao, C., Fei, D. 2017. Pastoralist Adaptation Practices under Non-Governmental Development Interventions in Southern Ethiopia. The Rangeland Journal, 39 (2): 189-200.
9. Fei, D., Samatar, A., Liao, C. 2017. Chinese-African Encounters in High-Tech Sectors: Comparative Investigation of Chinese Workplace Regimes in Ethiopia. Development Policy Review, 36 (S1): O455-O475.
8. Liao, C. Fei, D. 2017. Sedentarization as Constrained Adaptation: Evidence from Pastoral Regions in Far Northwestern China. Human Ecology, 45 (1): 23-35.
7. Liao, C., Ruelle, M., Kassam, K-A. 2016. Indigenous Ecological Knowledge as the Basis for Adaptation to Rangeland Vegetation Regime Shifts: Evidence from Pastoralist Communities in the Horn of Africa. Journal of Environmental Management, 182 (2016): 70-79.
6. Liao, C., Jung, S., Brown, D., Agrawal, A. 2016. Insufficient Research on Land Grabbing. Science, 353 (6295): 131.
5. Liao, C., Fei, D. 2016. Resilience of What to What: Evidence from Pastoral Contexts in East Africa and Central Asia. Resilience: International Policies, Practices and Discourses, 4 (1): 14-29.
4. Liao, C., Barrett, C., Kassam, K.-A. 2015. Does Diversification Improve Livelihoods? Pastoral Households in Xinjiang, China. Development and Change, 46 (6): 1302-1330.
3. Liao, C., Morreale, S., Kassam, K.-A., Sullivan, P., Fei, D. 2014. Following the Green: Coupled pastoral migration and vegetation dynamics in the Altay and Tianshan Mountains of Xinjiang, China. Applied Geography, 46, 61–70.
2. Liao, C., Sullivan, P., Barrett, C., Kassam, K.-A. 2014. Socioenvironmental Threats to Pastoral Livelihoods: Risk Perceptions in the Altay and Tianshan Mountains of Xinjiang, China. Risk Analysis, 34 (4): 640–655.
1. Wang M., Liao C., Yang S., Zhao W., Liu M., Shi P. 2012. Are People Willing to Buy Natural Disaster Insurance in China? Risk Awareness, Insurance Acceptance, and Willingness to Pay. Risk Analysis 32 (10): 1717–1740.
2. Kassam, K-A., Liao, C., Dong S. 2016. Sociocultural and Ecological Systems of Pastoralism in Inner Asia: Cases from Xinjiang and Inner Mongolia in China and the Pamirs of Badakhshan, Afghanistan. In Dong, S., Kassam, K-A., Tourrand, J., Boone, R. (Ed) Building Resilience of Human-Natural Systems of Pastoralism in the Developing World. Springer.
1. Liao, C., Fei, D. 2016. The Operationalization of Resilience in Pastoral Regions in East Africa and Central Asia. In Chandler, D., Coaffee J. (Ed) Routledge Handbook of International Resilience. Taylor & Francis Group.